Reasons why you cannot connect to the internet
2. IP address or network configuration is incorrect. If your ISP allows you to connect on DCHP then you can set your ip address automatically. If your ISP sets a static ip address for, then take note of the assigned ip address for your connection.
3. If you are connected to a gateway or router, then maybe there is something wrong with the internet connectivity of your router. See to it that it gains internet access. And also try to ping the router if you are connected. If you cannot ping your router, you have a physical connectivity issue. Try to check your cable or check your lan card. Try to disable it and enable it again.
4. If you have statically assigned an ip address, check the gateway address, netmask and dns address. Set it up correctly according to the router configuration or network.
5. Try to ping a web address or url like for example google.com. If you can ping google, then you have a problem with dns settings or something like dns error. Try to restart your pc and check if you can connect to the internet. And if nothing happens, try to use other web browser. Maybe this is a browser issue caused by viruses. Rescan your computer with anti-virus that is trusted.
6. Lastly, try to check internet option settings. Go to Control Panel -> Internet Properties -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Automatically detect settings must be checking and nothing else. Maybe you set a proxy web server that is not available.
That's all I can give for now why you cannot connect to the internet you do not have internet access.