I would like to share the basic reasons why you cannot connect to the internet. Some of the solutions were based on my experiences and others are from online tips. I hope these solutions why you cannot connect to the internet will help your problem. Provided you that you already connect your LAN cable or you already connected to the wireless network.
Reasons why you cannot connect to the internet
1. Your modem might be defective or your ISP block your internet access. Check your internet service provider. Maybe you omitted some of your bills.
2. IP address or network configuration is incorrect. If your ISP allows you to connect on DCHP then you can set your ip address automatically. If your ISP sets a static ip address for, then take note of the assigned ip address for your connection.
3. If you are connected to a gateway or router, then maybe there is something wrong with the internet connectivity of your router. See to it that it gains internet access. And also try to ping the router if you are connected. If you cannot ping your router, you have a physical connectivity issue. Try to check your cable or check your lan card. Try to disable it and enable it again.
4. If you have statically assigned an ip address, check the gateway address, netmask and dns address. Set it up correctly according to the router configuration or network.
5. Try to ping a web address or url like for example google.com. If you can ping google, then you have a problem with dns settings or something like dns error. Try to restart your pc and check if you can connect to the internet. And if nothing happens, try to use other web browser. Maybe this is a browser issue caused by viruses. Rescan your computer with anti-virus that is trusted.
6. Lastly, try to check internet option settings. Go to Control Panel -> Internet Properties -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Automatically detect settings must be checking and nothing else. Maybe you set a proxy web server that is not available.
That's all I can give for now why you cannot connect to the internet you do not have internet access.